Javier Hernandez scored twice as West Ham ended Newcastle’s successful run with a snug 3-Zero victory at St James’ Park.
Hernandez, beginning for the primary time in a month, put the Hammers forward after 11 minutes when he completed from Robert Snodgrass’ cross.
The guests spurned a number of probabilities so as to add to their lead earlier than Hernandez made it 2-Zero within the 63rd minute.
Obtain the Microsoft Information app in your Android or iPhone gadget and get information & stay updates on the go.
Newcastle have been largely lacklustre of their hunt for a fourth straight Premier League win and Felipe Anderson’s injury-time purpose didn’t flatter the Hammers.
This was one of the best efficiency shortly from Manuel Pellegrini’s aspect, who confirmed better high quality in assault to safe solely their second win because the begin of October.
These Newcastle followers who took half in an 11th-minute “walk-in” protest in opposition to proprietor Mike Ashley arrived into the bottom simply in time to see West Ham take the lead.
Snodgrass curled in a positive cross from the correct and Hernandez ran behind a static defence to complete from shut vary.
West Ham regarded threatening on the break and Marko Arnautovic could not end from a decent angle after taking the ball round Martin Dubravka from Anderson’s by means of cross.
Ayoze Perez had Newcastle’s finest probability of the primary half within the 26th minute when he headed over from shut vary.
Perez dragged a shot extensive later within the half whereas Salomon Rondon noticed an effort brilliantly blocked by a sliding Pablo Zabaleta.
Rondon additionally headed over from a nook within the 53rd minute, nevertheless it was downhill for Newcastle from there.
Hernandez wasted two good probabilities to attain, failing to attach with a cross from Arnautovic earlier than firing into the side-netting when he solely had Dubravka to beat.
Nonetheless, the striker made amends within the 63rd minute as he slipped a low shot previous the goalkeeper from Arnautovic’s header excessive of the defence.
Anderson was then denied by Dubravka however, after Newcastle didn’t mount any form of comeback, the Brazilian made it 3-Zero in injury-time when he bundled previous Fabian Schar and fired house.
- Newcastle have misplaced their first Premier League sport in opposition to West Ham since September 2015, having received three on the bounce in opposition to the Hammers previous to right now.
- West Ham recorded their greatest Premier League victory in opposition to Newcastle at St James’ Park since October 1998 (additionally 3-0).
- Newcastle have misplaced six of their opening eight Premier League video games at St. James’ Park this season (W2) – the Magpies final suffered as many defeats of their opening eight house league video games of a season through the 1953/54 marketing campaign (P8 W2 D0 L6).
- West Ham have stored their first away clear sheet of the season and their first on the street within the competitors since their closing away sport of the 2017/18 marketing campaign in opposition to Leicester (2-0).
- West Ham’s Felipe Anderson has scored 4 targets in his final 4 Premier League video games having netted only one in his opening 10 appearances within the competitors for the Hammers.
- West Ham striker Javier Hernandez’s brace was his first within the Premier League since August 2017 in a 2-Three defeat in opposition to Southampton.
- West Ham’s Javier Hernandez has scored 48 Premier League targets with all of these strikes coming from inside the field – solely Tim Cahill (56) has scored extra targets within the competitors with 100% of them coming from inside the field.
Newcastle journey to Everton on Wednesday earlier than a house sport in opposition to Wolves subsequent Sunday, stay on Sky Sports activities. West Ham are at house in opposition to Cardiff on Tuesday and in opposition to Crystal Palace on Saturday.